Reserve Your Seat
User Group Meeting
Hosted by the Institute for Genome Sciences,
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Wednesday, June 8
9:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m - Reception to follow
User Group Meeting agenda
Elm Ballroom A&B (208 & 210)
SMC Campus Center
621 West Lombard St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.
© 2016 by Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal & Trademarks
Sample Preparation Best Practices and SMRT Link Basics Workshop
Tuesday, June 7, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This workshop will cover updates to products, applications and sample preparation recommendations. New for this year, we’re including interactive group breakout discussions about specific applications of SMRT Sequencing. Demonstrations of the use of introductory data analysis tools in SMRT Link for attendees with limited bioinformatics experience will also be presented.
Hotel Information:Please book your hotel room as soon as possible - availability is already running low for hotels in Baltimore due to other events happening in the area. Here are some hotels we recommend:
- Baltimore Harbor Hotel (0.5 mile from UGM)
- Lord Baltimore Hotel (0.6 mile from UGM)
- Holiday Inn Baltimore Hotel (0.4 mile from UGM)
- Home2Suites by Hilton Hotel (0.7 mile from UGM)
- Rachaels Dowry (0.4 mile from UGM)
- Residence Inn Baltimore (0.7 mile from UGM)
- Wyndam Baltimore Peabody Hotel (0.8 mile from UGM)
Technology updates – consumables, protocols and applications
Applications-focused interactive breakout discussions
Basic introduction to SMRT data analysis tools
Q&A and open discussion session
- Introduction to SMRT Analysis 3.x and SMRT Link
- Data Management – Sequel System and PacBio RS II
- SMRT Analysis 3.x pipelines
- Advanced analysis and command line use cases
Thursday, June 9, 9:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m.
The workshop will introduce SMRT Analysis 3.x. We will cover how to use the SMRT Link GUI for data management and analysis, and discuss some command line use cases. New features and changes from SMRT Analysis 2.3 will be reviewed.